In this online course you will explore two modules that support the NTPS Cross Cultural Training Framework : Working in the NT Public Sector and Working with Cultural Difference.
This course is for new Northern Territory Public Sector employees.
A key action within the NTPS Indigenous Employment and Career Development Strategy 2015-2020 (IECDS) is that agencies must ensure all employees participate in cross cultural awareness and competency training based on the NTPS Cross Cultural Training Framework.
This Framework outlines a suite of cross cultural training programs across five key areas:
- basic cross cultural awareness training;
- in-depth cross cultural training;
- training for managers of multi-cultural teams;
- cross cultural training for senior managers; and
- reverse cross cultural training.
During this Foundational Cross Cultural Story you will explore two modules that support the NTPS Cross Cultural Training Framework:
1. Working in the NT Public Sector; and
2. Working with Cultural Difference.
By the end of this program you will be able to:
- Understand what Acknowledgment of Country and Welcome to Country are, and the difference between the two,
- Understand Cultural Awareness, Working Across Cultures, and Cultural Competency,
- Recognise the correct terminology for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and
- Identify some of the language groups and Traditional Owners in the Northern Territory.
Aboriginal Employment and Careers Development Division, Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment
By day or week, list the activities and assessment items in the course that the Participant will be required to complete.
Each module will take approximately an hour to complete.
You are required to complete both modules in order to obtain a certificate. Additional resources are provided for your information.
This program contains both audio and video. We recommend using a headset (or speakers) with a reasonable internet speed for the optimal experience.
How to enrol
For online courses, and where the Course owner has allowed self-enrolment, NTG staff and MyLearning account holders are invited to use the 'Enrol me' button located at the bottom of this webpage.
If you cannot see the 'Enrol me' button at the bottom of this webpage, please click here and re-check for the 'Enrol me' button at the bottom of this page.
Clicking on the 'Enrol me' button will enrol you in the course and take you to the course homepage.
If you are not already logged into MyLearning, you will be prompted to login.
Login for NTG users and other MyLearning account holders:
For NTG staff, you will be required to use your NTG ePASS credentials.
For non-NTG staff, ie. external users, you will be prompted to login using your MyLearning.
Non-NTG user who do not have a MyLearning account
If you do not have a MyLearning account you will need to apply for a MyLearning account using the Application form for non-departmental staff.
For information regarding the course, contact:
Aboriginal Employment and Career Development
Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment
Northern Territory Government
p 08 8999 4114
e ... firstname.lastname@example.org
e ... AECDS.NTG@nt.gov.au
- Course Co-ordinator: Facilitator Aboriginal Employment Career Development Services OCPE NTG